09 January 2010

Newest Creations: In Honor of Valentine's Day

I have recently begun creating my Valentine's collection. Yes, I know, it is still a bit early and the holidays have just ended...but, I figured I would get a jump on it so that I can have a wide range of flowers for my customers to choose from.

These flowers will all be inspired by two paintings by Fragonard: "Lettre d'amour" (The Love Letter) painted in 1770 and "The Confession of Love" (also known as "The Love Letters") painted in 1771. Both of these paintings are quite romantic and are perfect inspiration pieces for my 18th century valentine line. They are also made up of the most lovely warm pastel colors! I cannot wait to see how many different pieces I can come up with this color palette.

To view my latest creations, simply stop by my Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/RococoFleurs

Also, if you have suggestions for other 18th century French paintings that you feel would make great inspirational pieces for my Valentine's line, or for any flowers, please let me know!

2 comments: